conflict of interest policy
For Board Officers, Committee Members, Advisory Council Members, and Staff
1. Each member of BRIDGEBUILDERS Board of Directors, or any of its Committees, must place the interest of BRIDGEBUILDERS foremost in any dealings impacting upon the organization.
2. Each individual shall disclose to BRIDGEBUILDERS any personal interest that he or she may have in any matter pending before BRIDGEBUILDERS board, or any matter that may affect the welfare of BRIDGEBUILDERS, and shall refrain from participation in any decision on such matter. A conflicted board member may not be counted in determining a quorum for the meeting in connection with the conflicted matter.
3. No director or committee member shall derive any personal profit or gain for themselves, their relatives or friends, directly or indirectly, by reason of his or her participation BRIDGEBUILDERS except as otherwise agrees to by three-quarters of the voting members of the Board.
4. Any board or committee member who is an officer, board member, committee member, or staff member of BRIDGEBUILDERS shall identify his or her affiliation with such agency or agencies; and he or she shall not participate in any decision affecting that member.
5. Any board or committee member shall refrain from obtaining any list of BRIDGEBUILDERS members or donors for personal or private solicitation purposes at any time during the term of their affiliation.
6. Each year, board and committee members will submit an annual statement agreeing to these General Principles and disclosing any potential conflicts. If a potential conflict arises during the year, it is the member’s responsibility to report it to the Executive Committee, which will attempt to resolve any actual or potential conflict(s), and in the absence of resolution, will refer the matter to the Board of Directors.